Terms and Conditions
1. Data Protection Clause
2. Saving With Us
Under the Distance Marketing Directive, you have the right to cancel your savings account within 14 days of opening without financial or other penalty.
It is possible to nominate a beneficiary to receive up to £5,000 of savings, in the event of a member’s death Beneficiary Nomination Form.
3. Borrowing With Us
Loans subject to standard credit checks and are offered subject to status and conditions to members aged 18 or over. Written quotations for loans available on request. Loans can only be considered for members who have a savings account with Serve and Protect CU.
Under the Distance Marketing Directive, you have the right to cancel your loan within 14 days of completion, by repaying all funds borrowed plus any interest accrued.
Life Insurance is offered subject to conditions including a six month pre-existing limitation.
Serve and Protect CU is a trading name of Police Credit Union. Police Credit Union is part of the Financial Ombudsman Scheme.
Police Credit Union is a member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. The Scheme guarantees to pay 100% of a maximum £85,000 should the Credit Union fail.
5. Promotional Codes
If you have a promotional code to quote, the following will apply:
- New members who fall within our field of membership and complete an online application form will be eligible for the promotional offer
- Applications must be submitted to Serve and Protect CU online using code the code quoted
- By submitting an application form you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions
- Serve and Protect CU reserves the right to reclaim the funds deposited through this offer if an account is closed within six months of the date of application
- Offer made by Serve and Protect CU, Head Office, 2111 Coventry Road, Sheldon, Birmingham B26 3EA
6. Friends of Police Credit Union Lottery
Winners will be advised in writing. Results are displayed at local Police Credit Union branches and on the Police Credit Union website. Entry to the Friends of Police Credit Union Lottery is exclusively for Police Credit Union members (who must be saving into a regular savings account). Payment of subscriptions to the Friends of Police Credit Lottery are generally made by deduction from payroll or pension. Where such facilities are not available with any force, alternative means may be arranged via your local branch.
7. Financial Services Compensation Scheme
Serve and Protect CU is a trading name of Police Credit Union. Police Credit Union is a member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. The Scheme guarantees to pay 100% of a maximum £85,000 should the Credit Union fail. For more information please click here.
8. PrizeSaver Account
For more information about the terms and conditions for our PrizeSaver product, please visit: https://serveandprotectcu.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/SP-PrizeSaver-Terms-04-Oct-2021.pdf
9. Prize Draw
When entering our free prize draw, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
1. The promoter of the Promotion is Police Credit Union Limited, trading as Serve and Protect CU. Registered Address: Guardians House, 2111 Coventry Road, Birmingham, B26 3EA (the “Promoter”).
2. This Promotion commences at 00:01 GMT on 10 May 2022 and all entries must be received by the closing date of 30 September 2022 (“the Promotional Period”). The Promoter reserves the right to exclude late, misdirected, incomplete, corrupted, lost, illegible or invalid entries from this Promotion.
3. In order to be eligible to enter the Prize draw, the entrant must meet all of the following conditions:
- The entrant must be over the age of 18
- The entrant must be a member of Serve and Protect CU.
4. The Promoter assumes (and you warrant that) that by entering the prize draw you have legal capacity to agree to the Terms & Conditions (i.e. that you are of sufficient age and mental capacity and are entitled to be legally bound in contract).
5. The Prizes are:
- 1st – £200 voucher
- 2nd – £100 voucher
- 3rd – £50 voucher
The Promoter will not in any way be liable where the retailer has ceased to trade or has become insolvent.
6. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for the use of the Prizes or what is purchased with the Prize, (including but not limited to any participating stores, the quality of any items purchased, the standard of service received or any disappointment caused as a result of this).
7. In the event of the Prizes being unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to supply an alternative Prize without notice.
How to Enter
9. Only one entry into the Prize Draw, per person, is allowed during the Promotional Period.
10. To enter the Prize Draw, participants must subscribe to our mailing list by completing the online entry form at www.serveandprotectcu.co.uk/prize-draw
11. Entry to the prize draw is free. No fees is necessary.
12. Entrants are requested to read these Terms & Conditions before entering.
13. Entries must be made personally. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
Selection of Winners
14. One winner for each of the prizes will be chosen at random from all complete, eligible, properly submitted entries received within the Promotional Period and will be drawn in October 2022.
15. In the event of the Prizes being unavailable Serve and Protect CU reserves the right to supply an alternative prize without notice.
16. The winners of the Prize Draw will be notified by phone or email.
17. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Legal review is excluded.
18. If the prizes are declined or unclaimed by a selected winner, or if a winner cannot be contacted from the details supplied within ten days of attempting to contact the winner, the Prize will be forfeited. In such circumstances, Serve and Protect CU reserves the right to select another winner at random from the eligible entrants who will be notified by Serve and Protect CU.